Saturday, February 14, 2009

Welcome to Seasons of Life

Okay, so here it is...finally....the blog I have always wanted! (Sigh).
So often I have wondered will I always have to change wet sheets every morning? Will I always have to help with 2 hours of homework every night? Will I always have to clean up dog pee and poo off my floor? Will I always have ugly green countertops in my kitchen and bathrooms? Will I always work at a preschool? Will I always just be a "good Christian"? Will I ever get to fulfill my calling and do missions? Do you ever wonder things like that?


A couple of years ago, I was wondering will I ever get him potty trained? Will I always be a stay at home mom? Will I ever find a church home? Will I ever be used of God? In a year, I will be wondering will I always have to help with 4 hours of homework? Will I always have to pull out loose teeth? Will I always be learning new truths about God?
The answer is yes to some and no to others.

My point is there is a season for everything. When one season ends another will start. I hope to strive everyday to be a mother, a wife, and a child of God with joy in the season I am in. It is hard work being those things! Through this blog I hope to inspire you, pray for you, and put a smile on your face.

Welcome to Seasons of Life.....I hope you come back!

8 comments:

jewel1018 said...

Every season with you is a joy!!!
Will you be my valentine forever?
I love You.

Oh yea you left out the part where you have to clean up after your husband constantly :)

jewel1018 said...

Okay folks....my husband left the comment above. He didn't know he had to create his own blogger account.
I love you, too, hubby! Can you go ahead and change the season where I have to clean up after you? Thanks! :)

bethsessoms said...

Amber, WELCOME to blog world!!! I am so glad you started a blog. I can't wait to read your posts. I enjoyed what you said in your very first post! I esp. was encouraged by how you said that you strive everyday to have joy in the season God has you in right now. Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I assume Greg is potty trained now?

jewel1018 said...

Jason- That was one of the criterias needing to be met before I married him. He just did make it! :)

Steph said...

Hi! I found you blog on the Rigg's family blog. I am anxious to read more from you :-)

Feel free to hop over to my blog and check out my 100th post giveaway.

gwheeler said...

What is it you say

Candace said...

Love your post! I understand the "will I's". I love that picture and look forward to more blogging from ya! Happy belated V-day! :) Oh... I found ya through Confessions of a Student Nurse's blog. :)